Coconut Oil is a supplement that can benefit both people and animals. Its properties have been known to be antibacterial, antiviral, anti fungal and it also has beneficial properties when used both topically and orally.
Coconut oil is pressed from fresh coconuts and should be cold-pressed, unrefined, unbleached and extra virgin. Meaning the product should not be tampered with, and is often best found in its natural form in Health food stores. The unique thing about the fat in coconut oil is the fact that it contains (MCT’s) Medium Chain Triglycerides, which the body can break down in the Liver to promote efficient burning of energy and is also considered a healthy source of fat. The great thing about MCT’s are they are easily burned energy and can often assist with weight-loss programs. Other health benefits of using Coconut Oil are: Healthy skin and coat, immune system support and when applied externally it’s healing and soothing.
A Few Benefits for Humans
– Reduces Cholesterol (as Lauric acid increases the good cholesterol to improve ratio levels)
– Improves Insulin use (and blood sugar levels)
– Can Improve Alzheimer’s disease
– Improves many skin disorders (fungal infections, eczema, acne, etc.)
– Kills many bacteria and Viruses
A Few Benefits for Animals
– Improves skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, dermatitis, and dry itchy skin
– Reduces Allergic Reactions
– Disinfects and promotes healing of wounds, hot spots, dry skin and bug bites
– Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
– Helps reduce weight and increases energy
– Aids in Arthritis
In Closing, Coconut Oil is an amazing supplement that can be used by both people and animals. It is delicious as a topper on popcorn, or for use in cooking (works great in stir-fry’s). Or when used to benefit your animals health, It is a great alternative to many new synthesized sources of nutrients. An added plus it tastes delicious, my dogs love it mixed in their dinner (they lick around the kibble or raw patties to get at it first).