You know you’re a pet sitter & dog walker when
- Your work schedule changes from hour long days to 14 hour days. Early mornings and late nights to make sure everyone has been cared for.
- You’ve put tons of mileage and time into driving from house to house (rural pet sitting)
- You’ve driven through almost every road condition (black ice, tons of snow, wind, hail, etc) to let a dog outside to pee.
- A day off consists of an overnight pet sit with furry friends.
- You feel super sad when you can’t fit in a last minute client into the schedule
- You’ve walked in the cold -25C winter storm weather with a dog because they were having the time of their life (snow dogs especially)
- You’ve cut walks short in the same weather to let the chilled pups in the house right away
- You’ve been slobbered on by various animals (dogs, cats, cows etc.)
- You’ve stepped or kneeled in Dog poop at least once by accident.
- Visited Pets on holidays, as even they need some holiday lovin’ too!
- You’ve celebrated the good times with your clients and supported your clients in the bad times
- The pets in your care become like your own pets, you celebrate the happy times and mourn the loss of beloved friends when they pass over the rainbow bridge.
- You wouldn’t trade what you do for the world, even if you happened to win the lottery. You have a passion for pets and their people.
Let us know if there are any points you would add to this!