I like to try new supplements, foods, toys and treats on my dogs to see how they like them and I’d like to share my experiences with you.
Nupro is a All-In-One supplement with natural ingredients to re-enforce supplementation with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and omega fatty acids. It contains Decciated Liver, Norwegian Kelp, Amino Acids and Enzymes, Yeast Cultures, Flaxseed, Lecithin, Garlic, Calcium Citrate and Lactobacillus Acidophilus. It looks like a brown powder and almost smells like gravy in the container. When added directly to the kibble or B.A.R.F. diet with water it mixes in smoothly and smells delicious. When trying to make just the gravy alone with water the kelp and heavier ingredients sink to the bottom making a kind of slush. I’ve tried it on both Vitzy (mixed in with her freeze-dried mix) and Tucker (In his kibble) and both of them polished off their bowls in minimum time. I used it for a two week period and stopped for a day to see what they would do… both stared into their dishes and looked back up to me as if to say “What am I supposed to do with this now?”. From the dogs it gets a Two-Paws up and is added to my regime of supplements.
Benefits of Nupro
– Complete Multivitamin/ Mineral supplement which can be added to any diet (kibble, Raw, dehydrated raw, freeze dried, home made, and any variation thereof)
– Promotes hair growth and stops itchy dry skin
– Steadies nerves (as proper nutrient absorption allows for better flow of nutrient absorption)
– Norwegian Kelp contains vitamins such as A, B1, B2, C and E which helps with bone and muscle growth. And also contains Iodine for proper glandular function and metabolism.
– Bee Pollen contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes. Is known to support the immune system and supports allergy protection.
– Yeast Culture contains proteins, Zinc and Biotin. Which is beneficial to the skin and coat, helping with dry itchy skin, hot spots and excessive shedding.
– Flaxseed contains Omega 3 fatty acids which help with the skin and coat
– Lecithin which contains choline which supports nerve, brain and liver function.
– Garlic contains Allicin and anti-microbial source is used to support the immune system.
– Lactobacillus Acidophilus is a probiotic allowing for gut friendly bacteria and a healthy digestive system.
– Calcium Citrate supports healthy bones, teeth and nerve function
Ways to use Nupro
– As a delicious food topper (gravy)
– Add water to the mix and freeze in ice cube trays for a quick nutritious treat
– Add Nupro to home made biscuits for dogs, for an added plus of vitamins and minerals
For Extra Thought
Have you tried NUPRO Supplements? What are your thoughts on it?